cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kurdumov <kant2...@googlemail.com>
Subject Crowdin and translation process
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 06:22:21 GMT
Hi,

I start working on the improving Cordova documentation for Russian language.
Earlier I put fix for the YAML license headers directly to Github for all
translations.

Right now after I put documentation translation checker tool, I see issues
which I would like to improve Russian translation.

I download latest translation from Crowdin and compare that field with docs
in the source control. What I found is that YAML fixes is not in CrowdIn.

1. This raises question how we could could work on translation with Victor
together effectively, not impacting each other?
When documentation files is uploaded to the Crowdin?
When translation is collected from Crowdin?
Are there any rules which could be used, so I could prepare to these cycles?

2. Current script just download everything and commit it in the
cordova-docs repository.
What I think is that it could be effective is that I take responsibility
for maintaining Russian translation and Victor would maintain other
translations, like it was before. And downloading script could be modified
to include language which should be downloaded, so this allow explicit
control which languages is created. I recently cleanup a lot of files from
probably Crowdin mistakes, and don't want that this would be introduced
again.