cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dvpdin...@gmail.com>
Subject File Transfer plugin and Crosswalk engine cookies
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 18:31:59 GMT
With the idea of preparing Cordova Android 4.0.x  for release starting
to come up in discussions, I thought it was worth raising this as a
potential blocker.

The file transfer plugin uses the Android webview cookie manager. When
you're using a Crosswalk webview (or GeckoView presumably), in the
best case there are no cookies with file transfer requests and in the
worst case it will cause the app to crash on Android 4.2.x.

There are a few existing bug reports and PRs related to this, but none
of them propose a general solution for different webviews. [1] [2] [3]
[4]

I was looking at this problem last week and the only general solution
I could think of would involve adding a CordovaCookieManager interface
and implementing it for each webview engine, which didn't seem to be
the most idea situation.

I can write that interface and make a PR for it, but I'd rather hear
if anyone has better ideas before starting to make changes across
multiple repos.

[1]: https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk-cordova-android/pull/38
[2]: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer/pull/8
[3]: https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/mobile-chrome-apps/issues/464