cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dvpdin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: platforms/plugins save and restore from config.xml
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:38:05 GMT
On 8 January 2015 at 14:29, Mefire O. <ommenjik@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am a big fan of the experimental "save" and "restore" features that are in the CLI
and saw that Gorkem has also created another PR (https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/143
) to have a setting to auto persist/restore plugin versions which is a really interesting
idea.  On a related note, one issue I ran into with platform save/restore is when you need
to involve multiple operating systems for a given project.  Ex: Targeting say iOS, Windows,
and Ubuntu from the same project or simply have some team members on OSX or Linux while others
are on Windows - you need to be able to "save" or "restore" only platforms that run on the
OS you are currently using.

Related to the saving and restoring of plugins, I've noticed that the
current save functionality doesn't keep track of any variables that
were specified on the command-line when the plugin was installed. This
leads to failures when attempting to restore plugins that require
configuration variables.