cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: Usage of jscs & JSHint in Cordova
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:01:04 GMT
I added he jscs file in cordova-lib some time ago but didn't enforce it in
npm test because that required more work in the code to get rid of the
remaining style errors. Would be glad if someone invests the effort to make
the code comply with the current (or modified) rules.

Similar story for the spec files, they were excluded from the JShint check
because we didn't have the time/motivation to make them compliant with any
reasonable jshint settings.

I don't have a strong opinion about what is better for jshint, a config
file or individual config lines in js files. One benefit of config comments
is that it works in editors that do real time jshinting, but ignore the
config files in parent dirs (I think Brackets jshint plugin was doing this
some time ago).

I'm not sure if it's worth it moving the config file(s) up the dir, they
probably should live as siblings of the package.json