cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Gorkem Ercan" <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: platforms/plugins save and restore from config.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 17:08:02 GMT

On 9 Jan 2015, at 10:41, Andrew Grieve wrote:

> Questions: Would ever not want to use --save? Why not just always
> update
> config.xml with what plugins you have?

Eclipse Thym always updates the plugin & platform information to
config.xml, and no one complained about it so far.

> Likewise, would you ever not want to have --shrinkwrap? I think you'd
> always want the plugin/platform version listed in there.

I do not set the shrinkwrap for plugins usually, because without
shrinkwrap, the latest version is restored. I usually prefer the latest
with the stable plugins, such as the core plugins.
As a reference, Eclipse Thym does not shrinkwrap by default but has a
preference you can turn on.

With platforms shrinkwrap as default makes sense.