cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Tino <Andrea.T...@microsoft.com>
Subject Cordova issue 8080 - After migrating to 3.6.3 from 3.4.0, Appium (Android) tests fail because of open dialog
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 08:10:25 GMT
Hello

My name is Andrea Tino. I am a Microsoft Developer in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Team.
Recently we started using Cordova for building our apps.

All our tests fail
We moved to Cordova 3.6.3 from 3.4.0 and from there all our tests (more than 200) started
failing. After investigating on possible causes, we could identify the problem as part of
a Cordova checkin: https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/commit/aab47bd4532bfe8707d745638eb5695ac543c681.
Looks like prompt() is causing the problem. However the checkin I reported lacks changes to
cordova.js that were supposed to be included there but that have been checked-in later in
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/commit/ec47274fbd91d2f0b658da64f5d4d4dd6600f625.
So to repro the problem you need both checkins.

The issue in JIRA documents details very good in comments: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8080

Need for a fix
We assessed that trying to fix this here would be costly for us. The feature introduced spans
across several areas of Cordova, thus high chances of breaking something. Also the feature
is a security related one which we cannot revert. We need the Cordova Team to fix this problem
which has been causing our test infrastructure to be broken for more than a month so far.
We could also assess we are not the only one experiencing this issue whose repro is still
not clear.

After an initial discussion with Andrew Grieve, we decided to try broadening the audience
in order to move Cordova Team's attention on this problem which we consider quite serious.
Could you please prioritize the issue in your bug-fixing plan? How much time would it require
for fixing this problem?

Thank you for your availability
-Andrea Tino

Andrea Tino