cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Dawson <m...@ustadmobile.com>
Subject Re: Documentation on Android/Cordova Webview
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:21:20 GMT

Hi,

I've now gotten from a blank command line to having a working testable
project with an embedded Cordova WebView and plugins installing;

1. Use the normal Cordova CLI to create a project

2. Use Android CLI to create a new Android project; set the Cordova CLI
generated project as a library to the new Android Project.

3. Copy Cordova CLI generated project www folder to the android project

4. Use plugman to add/remove plugins within the Android project

5. Create an Android testing project using the Android CLI

Does this sound like the right way to recommend for people using Cordova
embedded for Android?  If so I'll put this together as a fork of the
documentation project as per the contribution procedures.

Regards,

- -Mike

On 01/12/2015 08:39 PM, Joe Bowser wrote:
> There is no jar, Cordova is now an Android Library, and it gets included in
> the generated project like how most Android projects work.  Using the CLI
> is what people recommend, but you should either use that or the create
> scripts themselves to create your project.
>
> On Mon Jan 12 2015 at 11:35:36 AM Mike Dawson <mike@ustadmobile.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Many thanks for the info here; perhaps someone from cordova-android can
> specify if using cordova create or download the jar is best practice?  I
> can then fork it to update webview.md; check it all the way through and
> then contribute it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mike

> http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/4.0.0/guide_platforms_android_webview.md