cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Dawson <m...@ustadmobile.com>
Subject Documentation on Android/Cordova Webview
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:55:42 GMT

Hi Cordova Dev List,

I'm looking to build a Hybrid app version and tried following:

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/4.0.0/guide_platforms_android_webview.md.html#Android%20WebViews

I think this might be a bit out of date.  I am running Cordova 4.2 and
compiling with API Level 19; all on Ubuntu 14.10 which is all running
fine for normal cordova and android development.

The documentation says to unzip the download (whereas the main site
recommends the normal installation using npm).  It then says to go to
the android package framework directory.  There is no such framework
directory either in a created project or in
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova or in a newly created cordova
project with the android platform added.

What does seem to work is to create a blank cordova project; add
android, and then use the CordovaLib project generated as a library for
another native android project; e.g.

#native android project here
mkdir androidproject
cd androidproject
android create project --target 6 --name UstadMobile --path
./ustadmobile --activity UstadMobile --package com.toughra.ustadmobile

cd ..

cordova create umcordovalib com.ustadmobile UMCordovaLib
cd umcordovalib
cordova platform add android
cordova build

cd ../androidproject
android update project --target 6 --path ./ustadmobile/ --library
../../umcordovalib/platforms/android/CordovaLib/

Is there any more up to date documentation on this? I did a quick google
but couldn't find anything.  If not once I get through this I'd be happy
to contribute a revised version of the documentation.

Thanks/Regards,

- -Mike

- --
Mike Dawson