cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <>
Subject Re: Reason for node_modules in Platform Repos
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:18:46 GMT
Not true!

It was for stability so that we wouldn't be reliant on various things that
could fail/change/flake.

Personally, in our network environment, any project which decides to
reference a git: url becomes unimportable.

If they happen to be transcluded via packaged node_modules, then this is a

On 12/19/14, 3:16 PM, "Brian LeRoux" <> wrote:

>none. go fix it!
>On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Dmitry Blotsky <>
>> Hi all,
>> What was the design decision and reasoning behind full node_module
>> directories being committed to platform repositories along with the
>> instead of being installed from the respective package.json at the time
>> that the platform is obtained?

View raw message