cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 02:53:25 GMT
On Sun Dec 07 2014 at 6:00:17 PM Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:

> > > 2. what the tests and criteria are expected for release? And by
> > > whom/infrastructure these tests are executed, ASF/Apache or Crosswalk
> > team?
> > > BTW, can someone point me the existing tests and infrastructure used
> > > in Cordova project?
> > >

> > That's something that I want to talk about more on this list.  Currently
> we
> > have only some JUnit tests for Cordova and MobileSpec, which has frankly
> > proven competely inadequate when testing even Cordova with the new
> > refactor there.  It'd be good if we can figure out why they don't work on
> > Android
> > 2.3 at all.  It makes it really hard to vote on releases when one the
> platforms
> > we support can't run the tests we need.  We REALLY need to talk about
> > testing a lot more, because we're severely lacking.
> >

> As you know, Crosswalk currently hosts a forked cordova-android and use
> Crosswalk webview inside that. For that one, we run Junit tests (but with
> some flaky tests) and mobile-spec tests for every crosswalk releases. When
> going to Crosswalk webview Cordova plugin, I think we should investigate
> and fix the flaky tests and run mobile-spec tests against cordova-android
> with the Crosswalk webview plugin. As our experience, some Cordova plugins
> assume the webview on Android is system webview, e.g. in-app-browser, it
> might break once using 3rd party webview. We might need some compatilibty
> tests for this.

Crosswalk doesn't work the same way as the default AndroidWebView and
MozillaView from my experience, so some of the tests wouldn't work for it
and are specific to the default WebView.  These would be all the JUnit
tests related to embedding the webview.  I think these tests should remain
for Cordova, but Crosswalk needs to have its own JUnit tests.

> I think it makes sense to release the crosswalk plugin against Crosswalk
> stable channel every 6 weeks.
>
> Any thoughts on above items?

I agree!  This sounds like a good idea once the JUnit tests are figured out.

Joe