cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browserify JS is in
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 18:51:54 GMT
On Fri Dec 12 2014 at 10:25:51 AM Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
wrote:

> I'm not actually worried about my disk filling up. Dependencies must be
> vetted for appropriate licenses, so now there's more overhead here. If we
> need to make a change to the module system now we need to poor through docs
> and make PRs instead of just editing our very small code-base.

This mix of MIT and 3-Clause BSD looks compatible to me.  It's weaker than
Apache, but not incompatible.  Do we really need to send this to legal?
https://github.com/substack/node-browserify/blob/master/LICENSE

There are people who can argue your other points better, but saying that
the license is the overhead when you can find it in the repo?  I'm not sure
how we would have gotten this far if we had to check with legal for every
single dependency.