cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <>
Subject Re: [Android] Gradle is brittle, Android Studio broke my builds
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:43:16 GMT
So the problem appears to be just the Android Gradle plugin, which *we*
hard coded to "0.12.0+", which doesn't work with Gradle 2.x, so we can fix

Looking at the Android team's docs at
(thanks for the pointer, Joe), it looks like there isn't a consistent
version of the plugin that we can guarantee works for everyone, but we can
check the version of Gradle in use at build time, and get the right plugin
version then.

I've updated the build.gradle file in cordova-android to test for Gradle
2.1+, and to download a version of the plugin that works. I've tested it on
my system (updated today, with AS 1.0 and Gradle 2.2.1), and we've tested
it on a machine with Gradle 1.12; it works on both, and updates
automatically when you upgrade Gradle.

Joe -- can you try this out? If it works, I'll mark CB-8143 resolved.

On Wed Dec 10 2014 at 9:06:06 AM Ian Clelland <>