cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 17:15:43 GMT
That's great news, Josh - glad to hear another positive data point :)

I'll look at the code again today, (and maybe Andrew can weigh in faster
than I can figure it out) but I think that there is a solution to the
minSdkVersion issue in the gradle config; possibly involving a build-extras
file.

On Mon Dec 08 2014 at 11:39:11 AM Josh Bavari <jbavari@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe and Ningxin,
>
> I'd love to focus fire the help in testing. I work with Ionic, and we'd
> love to assist in having Cordova with pluggable webviews for Android.
>
> Since I'm not as well caught up as everyone else, I could use a little help
> with direction.
>
> As far as Cordova 4.0, I've been using that 4.0.x branch to work with the
> cordova-crosswalk-engine, and I can offer some results and testing from
> that.
>
> How can I help moving forward? I can confirm gradle worked (other than the
> minimum sdk version issue Ningxin also had), the plugin loaded, and I could
> access some of the core cordova plugin functionality.
>
> I'd love to help with a little more direction, please advise!
>
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > > Crosswalk doesn't work the same way as the default AndroidWebView and
> > > MozillaView from my experience, so some of the tests wouldn't work for
> it
> > > and are specific to the default WebView.  These would be all the JUnit
> > tests
> > > related to embedding the webview.  I think these tests should remain
> for
> > > Cordova, but Crosswalk needs to have its own JUnit tests.
> > >

> > Agree. From crosswalk plugin perspective, we at least need to test the
> > CordovaWebView interface and plugin interface.

> > > I agree!  This sounds like a good idea once the JUnit tests are figured
> > out.
> > >

> > Sounds great! We will focus on the JUnit tests of crosswalk plugin first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -ningxin
> >
> > > Joe

However, due