cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <>
Subject Re: 4.0 Sprint Tasks (Another "Hey, let's ship 4.0.x soon" post)
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 15:52:32 GMT
On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:

> Hey
> After messing with the JS for a week, I decided for now to stop work on
> MozillaView.  I think I've managed to prove that the concept is at least
> possible, but I really feel that it's still too unstable to actually show
> past a demo/POC at this time.  We've definitely learned some lessons, and
> I'll probably write a blog post on them soon, and pick up work in the new
> year.
> That said, we should really concentrate on shipping 4.0 in January, we
> should do the following:
> 1. Bump up the targeted version to 5.0
Yes, please.

> 2. Allow for users to target KitKat for Quirks Mode (I'm not kidding,
> Quirks mode is back.  Chrome is the new IE! WTF MAN!)

Quirks mode is for targetSdk 18 or lower running on KitKat (19) or newer
devices.  This is because the default WebView changed dramatically from
18->19 and Android tries to have a good compatibility story.  Not sure
whats so WTF about that?

Anyway, are you suggesting that we need to support enabling quirks mode
even with targetSdk 19+ (as has been the cordova-android default for a
while now, anyway)?

> 3. Get the gradle work in.  MUCH FASTER! LESS SPAM! WOW!

Do we want to add this next year in 4.0 or ship this year in 3.7 (behind a
flag, maybe)?