cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advanced logging feature
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:19:31 GMT
Some of the bash scripts in iOS have been converted as needed to node.
Feel free to convert any scripts to node, that is the path we are
going to anyway.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM, Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)
<v-vlkoti@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi guys. Could anyone pls. review implementation for Advanced logging feature for platform
scripts.

> *Details*:
> This feature allows to user to specify logging level for platform scripts via -verbose
and -silent switches
> Since cordova-cli doesn't pass unknown flags to platform scripts, it is necessary to
use additional '--' symbols in command line. For example
>     cordova build windows -- --verbose
> or
>     cordova run windows -nobuild -- --silent
>
> Not sure about the way to pass existing -d, --silent, --verbose args from lib to platforms
because this can potentially break some platform scripts if they restrict number of passing
parameters (don't skip unknown params and fail in this case)

> Feature branches:
> Windows: https://github.com/msopentech/cordova-windows/compare/advanced-logging
> Android: https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-android/compare/advanced-logging
> WP8: https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-wp8/compare/advanced-logging
>
> Implementing this for iOS is quite tricky because its tooling is partially written in
pure bash - need to check if this possible at all.