cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian>
Subject Re: Reason for node_modules in Platform Repos
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:03:55 GMT
Josh, you are really abrasive and need to work on that.

The corp network thing isn't a reason for anyone except RIM and Adobe IT
departments and even then its not a real reason. If we architect for bad IT
departments we may as well go full Apache Way and have singular SVN repo
with <50% uptime and a 10 year release cycle.

These are not hand waving statements. Using a package.json for deps is a
well documented and understood practice. Someone *should* write some code
and this would be a great first patch for a new developer looking to get
their feet wet with the project.