cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Lantz <>
Subject RE: Advanced logging feature
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:32:05 GMT
+1 to converting iOS scripts to node - right now if developers have the iOS platform in source
control and check it out on Windows (or another team member moves it there manually) the execute
bit is lost once it hits the NTFS filesystem and the platform breaks if you check it in or
move it back.  I'd also love to get to the point where you can prepare iOS on Windows for
similar reasons.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shazron []
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: Advanced logging feature

Some of the bash scripts in iOS have been converted as needed to node.
Feel free to convert any scripts to node, that is the path we are going to anyway.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM, Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon) <>
> Hi guys. Could anyone pls. review implementation for Advanced logging feature for platform
> *Details*:
> This feature allows to user to specify logging level for platform
> scripts via -verbose and -silent switches Since cordova-cli doesn't pass unknown flags
to platform scripts, it is necessary to use additional '--' symbols in command line. For example
>     cordova build windows -- --verbose or
>     cordova run windows -nobuild -- --silent
> Not sure about the way to pass existing -d, --silent, --verbose args
> from lib to platforms because this can potentially break some platform
> scripts if they restrict number of passing parameters (don't skip
> unknown params and fail in this case)
> Feature branches:
> Windows:
> Android:
> WP8:
> Implementing this for iOS is quite tricky because its tooling is partially written in
pure bash - need to check if this possible at all.