cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Automated Unit-Testing for my plugin?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:35:07 GMT
Michael, take a look on the cordova-mobile-spec[1] which utilizes 'cordova-plugin-test-framework',
there is special setting[2] here to specify what plugins to test.
* You can use your custom Jasmine reporter which will trace tests results to the console (see
example [4])

I also recommend to take a look on Apache Cordova Medic[3] which is an automated test system
built on top of cordova-mobile-spec; PS. we are working on some improvements to allow adding
non-core plugins for testing

[1]https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec/blob/master/dependencies-plugin/plugin.xml

[3] https://github.com/apache/cordova-medic
[4] http://jasmine.github.io/2.1/custom_reporter.html

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Bishop [mailto:mbishop@fiksu.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:18 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Automated Unit-Testing for my plugin?

Hello Cordova Folk!

I have written small plugin for Cordova but want to automate my unit tests.
I'm wondering what the endorsed solution is.

Here's what I have:

- Plugin
- 'tests' directory (and associated plugin.xml file)
- I've successfully used the 'cordova-plugin-test-framework' in a sample app where I've also
included my plugin and the plugin's test plugin. The tests are running just fine.

My question(s):

How would I automate my test suite? Is it possible to run it via a command-line tool and retrieve
the results?

Many thanks as I know you are still developing this stuff!

_ michael