cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Fu, Junwei" <junwei...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 03:22:44 GMT
Hi,

I requested a PR that fix the minSdkVersion issue in origin/aar branch, Could you please review
it?

Please let me know if anything I can help.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Clelland [mailto:iclelland@chromium.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 1:16 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working

That's great news, Josh - glad to hear another positive data point :)

I'll look at the code again today, (and maybe Andrew can weigh in faster than I can figure
it out) but I think that there is a solution to the minSdkVersion issue in the gradle config;
possibly involving a build-extras file.

On Mon Dec 08 2014 at 11:39:11 AM Josh Bavari <jbavari@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe and Ningxin,
>
> I'd love to focus fire the help in testing. I work with Ionic, and
> we'd love to assist in having Cordova with pluggable webviews for Android.
>
> Since I'm not as well caught up as everyone else, I could use a little
> help with direction.
>
> As far as Cordova 4.0, I've been using that 4.0.x branch to work with
> the cordova-crosswalk-engine, and I can offer some results and testing
> from that.
>
> How can I help moving forward? I can confirm gradle worked (other than
> the minimum sdk version issue Ningxin also had), the plugin loaded,
> and I could access some of the core cordova plugin functionality.
>
> I'd love to help with a little more direction, please advise!
>
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > > Crosswalk doesn't work the same way as the default AndroidWebView
> > > and MozillaView from my experience, so some of the tests wouldn't
> > > work for
> it
> > > and are specific to the default WebView.  These would be all the
> > > JUnit
> > tests
> > > related to embedding the webview.  I think these tests should
> > > remain
> for
> > > Cordova, but Crosswalk needs to have its own JUnit tests.
> > >

> > Agree. From crosswalk plugin perspective, we at least need to test
> > the CordovaWebView interface and plugin interface.

> > > I agree!  This sounds like a good idea once the JUnit tests are
> > > figured
> > out.
> > >

> > Sounds great! We will focus on the JUnit tests of crosswalk plugin first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -ningxin
> >
> > > Joe

However,