cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Fu, Junwei" <junwei...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 02:39:40 GMT
The Junit tests in Cordova-4.0 branch is still only fine for cordova-android-3.7 not cordova-android-4.0,
there are some compiled error. And We need use Gradle to compile the cordvoa-crosswalk-engine
plugin for AAR used, but the Junit test is only support ant. How to support Junit tests compile
with gradle command line and android-studio tools?

Thanks,
Junwei.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hu, Ningxin [mailto:ningxin.hu@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 9:57 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working

Hi Joe,

> > Ningxin wrote:
> >
> > From crosswalk webview plugin perspective, several questions:
> > 1. will the plugin be maintained by ASF/Apache
> > (github.com/apache/cordova-
> > crosswalk-engine) or Crosswalk team (github.com/crosswalk-project/
> > cordova-crosswalk-engine)? It will be a core cordova plugin
> > maintained by ASF/Apache?
> >
> Joe wrote:
> The ASF currently can't release this due to the complex licensing of
> Chromium.  Even though the MozillaView licensing story is a lot more
> simplified, ideally it would be Intel and Mozilla who would maintain
> these plugins, and not the ASF.  Right now we're in PoC/Get two
> WebViews working before releasing the feature stage!

Understood. And I confirmed with Crosswalk team and the license process, it was cleared to
host Crosswalk webview Cordova plugin under Crosswalk project.

> > 2. what the tests and criteria are expected for release? And by
> > whom/infrastructure these tests are executed, ASF/Apache or
> > Crosswalk
> team?
> > BTW, can someone point me the existing tests and infrastructure used
> > in Cordova project?
> >

> That's something that I want to talk about more on this list.
> Currently we have only some JUnit tests for Cordova and MobileSpec,
> which has frankly proven competely inadequate when testing even
> Cordova with the new refactor there.  It'd be good if we can figure
> out why they don't work on Android
> 2.3 at all.  It makes it really hard to vote on releases when one the
> platforms we support can't run the tests we need.  We REALLY need to
> talk about testing a lot more, because we're severely lacking.

As you know, Crosswalk currently hosts a forked cordova-android and use Crosswalk webview
inside that. For that one, we run Junit tests (but with some flaky tests) and mobile-spec
tests for every crosswalk releases. When going to Crosswalk webview Cordova plugin, I think
we should investigate and fix the flaky tests and run mobile-spec tests against cordova-android
with the Crosswalk webview plugin. As our experience, some Cordova plugins assume the webview
on Android is system webview, e.g. in-app-browser, it might break once using 3rd party webview.
We might need some compatilibty tests for this.

> > 3. what is the release cycle of the plugin? Crosswalk itself has
> > three release channels (canary, beta, stable) and 6 week release cadence.
> > How to match the cordova plugin release cycles to them?
> >

> It's better if the crosswalk plugin matched the Crosswalk release
> channels once it's ramped up.  This is only possible if it's not
> bogged down by the ASF release process of voting on everything.  Choice is good, bureaucracy
is bad.

I think it makes sense to release the crosswalk plugin against Crosswalk stable channel every
6 weeks.

Any thoughts on above items?

Thanks,
-ningxin

> > Best regards,
> > -ningxin

B KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB  [  X  ܚX KK[XZ[
 ] ][  X  ܚX P ܙݘK \X K ܙ B  ܈Y][ۘ[  [X[  K[XZ[
 ] Z[ ܙݘK \X K ܙ B