cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: --list argument for CLI
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:53:27 GMT
Murat wrote:
‎> I have a question about decoupling of feature work and other tasks (such as code style
issues and refactoring).
> Should other tasks also be tagged with the original feature CB tag?

Andrew covered this

> Or should I just treat them as a separate item with a separate CB tag and make a new
pull request for it?

Note that you don't need distinct pull requests. Just distinct commits.

If you think your big commit would take a long time to get reviewed - or there are other people
actively making changes and you want to prevent merge conflicts, then you could have a distinct
pull request for the clean up. In this case, the work isn't so big that it would help.

Also, you can / should use the same pull request to address review comments.  In this case,
I'd suggest git rebase -i ; along with the magic tricks for splitting commits.