cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Hu, Ningxin" <ningxin...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Android] MozillaView Update: PoC is working
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:06:52 GMT
Hi Josh,

Thanks!

> Joe and Ningxin,
>
> I'd love to focus fire the help in testing. I work with Ionic, and we'd love to
> assist in having Cordova with pluggable webviews for Android.
>
> Since I'm not as well caught up as everyone else, I could use a little help with
> direction.
>
> As far as Cordova 4.0, I've been using that 4.0.x branch to work with the
> cordova-crosswalk-engine, and I can offer some results and testing from that.

That would be great!

> How can I help moving forward? I can confirm gradle worked (other than the
> minimum sdk version issue Ningxin also had), the plugin loaded, and I could
> access some of the core cordova plugin functionality.
>
> I'd love to help with a little more direction, please advise!

I think we can follow Joe's suggestion. 1) From plugin perspective, crosswalk team are focusing
on the JUnit tests for the crosswalk plugin itself. 2) From container perspective, Joe mentioned
there are some of the existing JUnit tests are still valid to test pluggable webview, we need
to identify them and have a way to run them. 3) And from integration perspective, Joe mentioned
we need to use MobileSpec to test pluggable webview.

I don't know whether people are working on 2) and 3).

Joe, any comments?

Thanks,
-ningxin

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > > Crosswalk doesn't work the same way as the default AndroidWebView
> > > and MozillaView from my experience, so some of the tests wouldn't
> > > work for it and are specific to the default WebView.  These would be
> > > all the JUnit
> > tests
> > > related to embedding the webview.  I think these tests should remain
> > > for Cordova, but Crosswalk needs to have its own JUnit tests.
> > >

> > Agree. From crosswalk plugin perspective, we at least need to test the
> > CordovaWebView interface and plugin interface.

> > > I agree!  This sounds like a good idea once the JUnit tests are
> > > figured
> > out.
> > >

> > Sounds great! We will focus on the JUnit tests of crosswalk plugin first.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -ningxin
> >
> > > Joe

ASF?