cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Tools Release
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:34:20 GMT
Thank you Mark; Resending link to the fix here since looks like I answered not to the latest
email last time.
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/118/

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Koudritsky [mailto:kamrik@google.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 9:14 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Tools Release

Yep, the hash as a versions seems like something that should break the npm download as well.
Sergey, I'll merge your patch and republish rc packages.
Maria, thanks for finding this.

Note, the lib will have a different version number 4.1.1 because npm forbids uploading anything
with the same version string more than once [1].
We should come up with some procedure of promoting RCs that would not necessitate bumping
the version.

One option is to download the package with x.y.z-rcN from npm, and have a script that unpacks
it, strips the -rcN and repacks the same files back.
(not sure how to deal with signing in this case).

[1] - https://github.com/npm/npm-registry-couchapp/issues/148