cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Gonze <lu...@gonze.com>
Subject Re: introduction
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:53:23 GMT
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My path was via http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow. I read that and hit all
the links except for the one labeled "Work on an issue”, which leads to http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/IssueWorkflow,
which has the information I needed.

I didn’t hit that “Work…” link because performing the work was implicit in doing a
git checkout and modifying the source tree, which I knew how to do without hitting that link.

My error could be considered a discoverability problem in the “Work on an issue” list
item. It might be rewritten as “Get to know _Issue Workflow_."

On November 25, 2014 at 2:45:53 PM, Josh Soref (jsoref@blackberry.com) wrote:

Lucas wrote:
> I have made the edit, and done git add and git commit.
> I haven't yet figured out how to push.
> If anybody can point me to documentation on the protocol for new committers to push,
I'd be grateful.

Welcome.

Before you just jump to the answer, can you review your browser history (or your personal
memory) and identify what places you checked for this information?

My goal is to ensure that the paths that potential contributors (such as yourself) take to
seek the answer that you sought lead to the answer, and it seems that there are paths that
you managed to take that didn't, so, I'd like to get those fixed (you're welcome to provide
fixes for them too...).

The answer (thanks for reading the above first...):
https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow