cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Running browser platform in Linux
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 20:50:17 GMT
I don’t this we should launch Chrome this way. How about using something like browser-launcher,
or even karma-chrome-launcher instead? Also, why not just "open" the HTML page?

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Sosa [mailto:sosah.victor@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:45 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Running browser platform in Linux

Hello all.

I've been playing a little bit with the Browse platform and the first thing I notice is that
when running the application using "cordova run browser"
it handles the cases of when using Windows and Darwin (MacOS) but no Linux (I'm on Ubuntu
14.04). Is there any particular reason of why it is not handled?

https://github.com/apache/cordova-browser/blob/master/bin/templates/project/cordova/run

Moreover, I have Chrome installed in my machine, but it doesn't respond to the typical "chrome"
command because I get an error in the standard output[1], so I have to use "google-chrome"
command to launch it. Does anyone something about this? I downloaded the DEB package directly
from Google Chrome.

Appreciate your help

[1]
* Error*chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

--
Victor Adrian Sosa Herrera
IBM Software Engineer