cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: FW: Adding Windows tests to ci.cordova.io
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 19:31:45 GMT
A quick question - does it make sense to move the main build bot master to an Apache Infrastructure?
We could then have slaves be independent developers, or by folks who already run medic (like
google and msopentech). This was the sort of federated model we were looking at.

MSOpenTech's medic slaves are based on Azure VMs and can be connected from an external master.
Not sure if the same can work for Google's slaves too.

I am hoping that if we have such an infrastructure, we could run Medic with our nightlies,
giving us more confidence. We could get to an ideal state where our tests are green, and a
red in medic really means that stuff is broken.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) [mailto:v-segreb@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:46 AM
To: Max Woghiren; dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: FW: Adding Windows tests to ci.cordova.io

Hi,

I'm going to make a step forward in this direction by adding required changes to Medic and
additional improvements today (see below). Please let me know if anyone has some additional
ideas, want to discuss/collaborate.

1. Merged Windows/Unix sample config files so that we have single config for buildbot master
which will support all type of  slaves/tests.
2. Make Android test to run on both Windows and Unix.
3. Rely on mobile-spec to create test app (currently Medic just duplicates those steps) 4.
Add required fixes so that platform tests run correctly (currently broken)

-Sergey