cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Tools Release, take 3
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:32:17 GMT
Voting +1

•	Verified signatures and hashes via ‘coho verify-archive’. Pass
•	Manually verified tags. Pass
•	Installed Cordova from archives. Pass
•	Installed/uninstalled Cordova with npm via ‘npm install cordova@rc’. Pass
•	Verified ability to update Cordova from older version Pass
•	Verified ability to create Cordova app with windows and wp8 platforms (--usenpm / --usegit
flags)
•	Built app for different archs (x86, x64, arm, anycpu). Pass
•	Ran app with target keys and vers

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Soref [mailto:jsoref@blackberry.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:25 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Tools Release, take 3

Ray Camden wrote:
> To update your tools:
>
> npm install -g cordova
> npm install -g plugman
>
> To be clear, a "regular" user doesn't need to update plugman, right?

I think there is a workflow where a regular user uses `plugman` directly (I think it's probably
one where you aren't using cordova, but instead use cordova-{platform}/bin/create and friends).

Otherwise, if you only use `cordova` directly, then the plugman it uses would be updated automatically
by updating cordova, and you'd be fine.

Afaiu, there are three workflows:
1. Plugin author — uses plugman directly 2. Single-platform writer — potentially uses
plugman directly 3. Multiplatform writer — uses cordova (and everything else is used
indirectly)

The instructions would probably benefit from "if you have foo installed, use X to update it".

B KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB  [  X  ܚX KK[XZ[
 ] ][  X  ܚX P ܙݘK \X K ܙ B  ܈Y][ۘ[  [X[  K[XZ[
 ] Z[ ܙݘK \X K ܙ B