cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <>
Subject Support Orientation global preference on iOS: CB-6462 and CB-6182
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:43:11 GMT
Currently the documentation says that you can do this in config.xml:
<preference name="Orientation" value="landscape" />
But you can’t and this is logged as CB-6182.

There is a bug logged suggesting that this could be fixed in cordova-ios: CB-6462.
I commented on CB-6462 wondering if it could be fixed in CLI and Shazron suggested I ask about
that here.

ios_parser.js already supports making some project settings changes based on preferences (target-device
and deployment-target).
It also supports setting some properties in the plist (CFBundleIdentifier, CFBundleShortVersionString,
It seems like it could also support updating the plist based on the Orientation preference
as a way to address part of CB-6182.

Should the Orientation preference work?
Is there some other way it should be supported?

Thanks for any feedback.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message