cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: official bluetooth plugin [closed]
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:14:08 GMT
Inoa Koala wrote:
>In my mind it seemed rather simple. Simply use the key classes for
>android BluetoothSocket and BluetoothServerSocket.

For reference, that's BT::SPP aka "BT-SERIAL" in my list.

While it may be something that someone might want, it certainly wasn't the
one I was expecting people to want.

But, I have different expectations about what one would do w/ BT.

Basically, it helps to understand the use case.

Why do you want a serial protocol? Are you trying to talk to a medical
device?
Are you trying to talk to another mobile-phone?
Are you trying to talk to a computer?

(There are w3c WGs/CGs investigating some specific Ucs, but w/o knowing
what yours are, it's hard to say much about the space.)

Btw. I don't go by my last name.

Josh