cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: official bluetooth plugin
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:51:53 GMT
Possibly worth noting is that "Bluetooth" is a really amorphous thing.

It's sort of like asking "why is there no TCP wrapper for {whatever}".

Most people don't speak raw "TCP", and most people don't speak raw
"Bluetooth".
People tend to speak profiles, and the Bluetooth profile story is pretty
frustrating. And at least, historically, the API exposure for various
profiles could easily be quirky on a per-platform/per-device basis.

Do you want BT-PAN? BT-DUN? BT-OBEX? BT-FTP? BT-SERIAL?

Each person could want something different. And supporting them all is
probably impossible for some set of platforms.
Even supporting some general/common cases is probably problematic for some
set of platforms.
Then there's BT LE v. BT. Which is also frustrating.

Nothing is ever as simple as one might think.

N.b. You = Inoa, not Jesse.