cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] CordovaBridge: Public or Private API
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 19:24:02 GMT
Hey

I'm still working on the Mozilla Bridge and I'm running into problems with
how non-modular the current bridge is and how it was abstracted.  When we
created the ExposedJsApi class and added it to the API, we did so because
we may need to abstract the whole bridge later.  However, right now both
Crosswalk and Android WebView share the CordovaBridge, including its
encoding.  Since GeckoView now has its own bridge (which includes some JS
code that needs to override the Android defaults), I'm wondering whether we
should expose the CordovaBridge and allow it to be implemented or not.
There is a lot of shared code, but at the same time I don't know how much
code will be shared between the MozillaView and the default.

Either way, I'm getting pretty close to a workable prototype soon and then
we can start work on getting the MobileSpec tests passing.  Once the plugin
is broken out so that it can be installed using plugman or the CLI, we can
get more people looking at it.

But yeah, any thoughts on this would be great.

Joe