cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Let's try to release Cordova-Android 4.0.x soon
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:32:07 GMT

I know that we've been talking about this for a while, but I think that
we've let the 4.0.x branch go on for too long without releasing it and
moving it back into mainline.  It's getting super insane feature creep and
I would rather do a 4.0.x and a 5.0.x instead of cramming more stuff into
the current release branch.

I know that we don't really have consensus on the API, and there are some
minor API changes that I want to see, like a renaming of CordovaWebView to
CordovaWebViewInterface, but I think it's better to see this out the door
by the end of 2014 instead of sometime next year, or never.  I'm finishing
off the MozillaView in the next two weeks, and that has been an interesting
experience shedding light on what I think really needs to be
documented/hacked/flensed in the next version of Cordova.

That being said, we need to get the features that we have landed out sooner
rather than later, and while we could try for perfect, we should go with
what we have now for the most part, just to get it out there.