cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova: Comment on Deleting hidekeyboard and showkeyboard Events
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:26:49 GMT
On Wed Nov 05 2014 at 8:21:03 AM Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Here's the ionic plugin:
> https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-plugins-keyboard/blob/master/src/android/IonicKeyboard.java
>
> Uses a GlobalLayoutListener. the approach is described here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2150078/how-to-check-visibility-of-software-keyboard-in-android
>
> Why leave the code in core if we don't have to? I think the majority of
> apps wouldn't need these events (even if you do, you can listen for resize
> events to do the same kind of detection)

I think this will break more things than it'll fix.  Does the Ionic plugin
support all the versions of Android that we currently support? Are we
really going to tell people to go to Ionic for a feature that we once
supported? Even if this is technically better, this seems like it's a
support nightmare.