cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: cordova 64-bit support
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 16:17:09 GMT
The question doesn't reference any particular platform, for one. Is this a
Windows phone question? An iOS question? Android? Workstation? There's no
actual answer to it, as stated.

I totally agree that we should document which platforms support / require
64-bit binaries, along with what we support in general, it's just that, as
Joe said, we need more into to answer the original question.

iOS supports 64-bit devices (as of 3.4.1). I haven't looked to see whether
the compiled binaries are 64-bit, or if they're 32-bit but run on both
arm32 and arm64.

Android is a Java platform, and so doesn't care about 32- or 64- bit width
at the level that Cordova operates on. The crosswalk plugin includes native
code, and that code is 32-bit on both ARM and x86 right now. I haven't
tested on a 64-bit device yet, but I expect that the libxwalkcore.so
library will at least load on them.

Other people can chime in on other platforms, if what I've written isn't
what the original question was about.