cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: I've fixed an issue. What's next?
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:29:18 GMT
> plugman info org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser

Returns a list of published plugin versions, a set of supported platforms,
and a set of engine requirements for the current version

> plugman info org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser@0.5.3

Returns info for a particular older version.

With these tools, we could change cordova-cli to first call info, and
iterate backwards through the published versions until a compatible plugin
is found.  I don't think we should auto-install older versions, but we
could say "warning, the latest versions of plugin-FOO is not compatible
with platform-BAR, you can install plugin-FOO@x.y.z instead".

Josh is right, that we can get into hairy situations since we do not have
platform-specific plugin installs (there were proposals for this before).
I don't actually think it will come up often, so lets solve that issue when
we get there.  For now, would be nice to let shaz add the new engine
requirement to the plugin without breaking plugin install for everyone who
doesn't update cordova-ios first.

-Michal