cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: official bluetooth plugin
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:08:07 GMT
And yet more options:
- chrome.bluetooth -
https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/mobile-chrome-apps/tree/master/chrome-cordova/plugins/chrome.bluetooth
- chrome.bluetoothLowEnergy -
https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/mobile-chrome-apps/tree/master/chrome-cordova/plugins/chrome.bluetoothLowEnergy

(You can include these plugins in vanilla cordova apps, provided you create
a manifest.json file just to specify bluetooth settings).

Support for Android is about to land in master.  Support for
chrome.bluetoothSocket, and chrome.serial (over bluetooth) will hopefully
come in the future.

Realizing that not everyone wants to use chrome.* apis in their cordova
apps, we are also experimenting with implementing in terms of the
WebBluetooth w3c proposed api.  Expect news about a plugin for that within
the next months.

-Michal