cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I've fixed an issue. What's next?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 20:08:37 GMT
I know that it is unfortunate that's why I think the macro solution instead
of the engine solution is best for core plugins (I discovered from the spec
I could use 'apple-xcode' and 'apple-ios' to further differentiate, but
never mind).

We can take care of this as committers for the core plugins by using the
macros, but a lot of plugin authors and contributors are careless in that:

1. They either don't use an engine tag
2. Or they don't adequately protect newer iOS SDK calls from crashing on
older iOS runtime. Sure, it compiles in iOS 8 SDK, but if a user runs it on
an iOS 6 or 7 device, it will crash when it reaches that iOS 8 API
function. I don't think there are any open source linters out there that
will help us with this (there is a commercial one:
http://www.deploymateapp.com)