cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: official bluetooth plugin
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:56:26 GMT
Hi Inoa,
First off, please don't make demands, I mean it's just not polite,
especially if this is the first time you've posted here. There are various
reasons why we didn't create a Bluetooth plugin and it goes straight to
project philosophy. We try to conform to W3C standards, and there is no w3c
Bluetooth API (they are "working on it". still.). Barring that, we can
still propose one, and we have to work out compatibility with all the
platforms, and agree to an API.

Even with that various companies that contribute have different interests
and goals that they *do* want to work on instead. So, even if there is a
proposal and no one wants to work on it (yes, there are dangling proposals
out there still) it won't get done.