cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Code Review Plz
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 03:10:26 GMT
I've taken a stab at refactoring Android's splashscreen logic into the
splashscreen plugin.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/134
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen/pull/32

In order to be backwards-compatible, I've:
 - Committed a copy of the plugin to cordova-android and registered it
where App is registered
 - Made the new code in the actual plugin disabled if it detects
cordova-android < 4.0

I've also deprecated splash-screen related things within CordovaActivity,
because I don't think the Activity needs explicit logic in it for splash
screens now that its a proper plugin (plus, you can do everything with
config.xml or CordovaPreferences).

My thinking is to delete the deprecated things when I merge into the 4.0.x,
and to also remove the bundled copy of the plugin.

To test this, I've enabled the splashscreen on Android in mobilespec. For
the life of me I couldn't get the instruments test in cordova-android to
run. My Eclipse doesn't boot, Android Studio does an awful job importing
it, and the command-line instructions in the README yield:
    [aapt] invalid resource directory name:
/Users/agrieve/git/cordova/cordova-android/test/bin/res/crunch

ugh! Certainly it'd be worth getting these working, but I think mobilespec
is a better test for this anyways since I could test with & without the
plugin installed.

Andrew