cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova: Comment on Deleting hidekeyboard and showkeyboard Events
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:20:42 GMT
Here's the ionic plugin:
https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-plugins-keyboard/blob/master/src/android/IonicKeyboard.java

Uses a GlobalLayoutListener. the approach is described here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2150078/how-to-check-visibility-of-software-keyboard-in-android

Why leave the code in core if we don't have to? I think the majority of
apps wouldn't need these events (even if you do, you can listen for resize
events to do the same kind of detection)