cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: cordova-browser plugin polyfills -- which projects already have work in this space?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:00:38 GMT
Also - I believe those APIs are available only to Chrome apps & extensions.

I do know though, that Chrome team is trying to make bluetooth on the open
web a thing: https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/web-bluetooth. I doubt all
the access that you'd want will be available any time soon though (they are
targeting just the "safe" subset of Bluetooth).

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> No. Or if it does, it won't ...
> You should use feature detection to determine if you can respond correctly
> to an API call, and/or throw a descriptive error if you cannot make it
> work.
>
> @purplecabbage
> risingj.com
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Don Coleman <don.coleman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Does the browser platform always target Chrome?
> >
> > When implementing the browser platform in a plugin can I access protected
> > chrome APIs such as
> > https://developer.chrome.com/apps/bluetooth and
> > https://developer.chrome.com/apps/bluetoothLowEnergy?
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Ray Camden <raycamde@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry - what I meant was - it wasn’t refreshed. It should be now and
> > > should show up when you filter to Browser.

PR