cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kurdumov <>
Subject Documentation generation in pure Node.JS
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:11:45 GMT
Hello guys,

I almost finish implementing

In short this is implementation of Cordova Docs website generator using
Node.JS instead of relying on Vagrant and Ruby.

Summary of work:
- Implementation duplicates Ruby code as much as possible. Tests which was
written for Ruby, was reimplemented in JS.
- Created new executable genjs in the bin folder, which generate
documentation to the *public/test* folder, instead of *public* folder, so
differences between implementation could be found using standard diffing
- Implementation verified on Mac and Windows.
- Small improvements to CLI interface (single language generation, single
version generation, added verbose mode for tracing execution)
- As I can tell, JS implementation produce almost same HTML code as Ruby
version. I done some smoke testing of changes and seems that everything is
good, but willing that you guys look at the docs too.

To make this works with existing documentation and support Windows, I have
to fork existing implementation of joDoc-js (

- Windows suffer from occasional EPERM issues during generation of the docs.

Pull request for that implementation is here:

Best regards,