cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Nuss <kevin.n...@infoproc.com>
Subject RE: Cordova: Comment on Deleting hidekeyboard and showkeyboard Events
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:44:50 GMT
P.S.    LinearLayoutSoftKeyboardDetect.java uses the deprecated method “sendJavascript”
in CordovaWebView.java. This ends up causing violations of Content-Security-Policy rules since
I am using fairly strict ones that do not include ‘unsafe-eval’ . But events from backbutton
and online/offline network status do not cause violations. I have not tested other plugins.

Kevin Nuss

From: mmocny@google.com [mailto:mmocny@google.com] On Behalf Of Michal Mocny
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 10:50
To: dev
Cc: Andrew Grieve; Kevin Nuss
Subject: Re: Cordova: Comment on Deleting hidekeyboard and showkeyboard Events

Telling people to turn to [insert any project from the external community] for [a feature
we used to support but is now openly supported elsewhere] -- sounds amazing to me.

What happened to the goal of "eventually cease to exist"?

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com<mailto:bowserj@gmail.com>>
wrote:
On Wed Nov 05 2014 at 8:21:03 AM Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org<mailto:agrieve@chromium.org>>
wrote:

> Here's the ionic plugin:
> https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-plugins-keyboard/blob/master/src/android/IonicKeyboard.java
>
> Uses a GlobalLayoutListener. the approach is described here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2150078/how-to-check-visibility-of-software-keyboard-in-android
>
> Why leave the code in core if we don't have to? I think the majority of
> apps wouldn't need these events (even if you do, you can listen for resize
> events to do the same kind of detection)

I think this will break more things than it'll fix.  Does the Ionic plugin
support all the versions of Android that we currently support? Are we
really going to tell people to go to Ionic for a feature that we once
supported? Even if this is technically better, this seems like it's a
support nightmare.