cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <>
Subject Re: [mobile-spec] consistency and reliability
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:05:13 GMT
I haven't seen tap/tape until Brian mentioned it here. From a quick read, it looks like a port
of the tests from Jasmine to tape will be required on the runner side. Then we can use whatever
reporting we want that can consume tap. So if I understand it correctly, the existing tests
aren't throwaway, but getting off Jasmine certainly won't be free. Assuming that tape is less
brittle and not substantially less functional that Jasmine, could be a net win. Doing the
port looks like it will take a fair amount of crank-turning.

On Oct 30, 2014, at 8:09 PM, Brian LeRoux <> wrote:

> Nope.
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014, 5:04 PM Jesse <> wrote:
>> I would much rather we fix things, than continually rewrite + discard,
>> which seems to be the norm these days.
>> tape/tap would require us to throw away thousands of jasmine2 based tests
>> wouldn't it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message