cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Frederik Braun <fbr...@mozilla.com>
Subject Suggestion: Warning about usage of patterns that conflict with the Firefox OS CSP
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:09:26 GMT
Hi,

I am not very involved with Cordova, but as far as I understand, Cordova
Apps are allowed to use eval, inline scripts etc.

We do not allow this in Firefox OS [1] and I am concerned that it may
cause some friction when porting existing Cordova apps to Firefox OS and
then realizing that a lot of scripts needs rewriting to comply with our
Content Security Policy (CSP).

Is there anything we can do to remove this friction? My first intuition
would be some sort of warning that is emitted when building an app that
uses one of those patterns.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Frederik