cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <>
Subject Re: Contributing to Cordova
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 22:27:18 GMT
Oliver wrote:
> we've been working with Cordova for about a year now.
> In the process we've opened a couple of issues on the Cordova Jira and > submitted
a couple of pull requests on GitHub.

> I've noticed that responses to these actions usually take either a very > long time,
or don't happen at all.

> We've started to maintain forks of several plugins where we have
> included required fixes, but I consider this a very sad situation.
> I would much prefer to use upstream versions and have our fixes
> included in those.

> So I'm wondering if I'm not using the correct communication channels.

> Please let me know about the best way to have contributions discussed
> and included quickly.

there isn't really much of a process for merging things/maintaining bugs.

Cordova has a handful (perhaps two hands-full) of developers, and there are >40 repositories
(think of them as work areas). That's roughly 4 work areas on average per developer.

For a healthy system, you'd want 3 developers per work area. So, I'd conservatively say Cordova
needs 12x the man power of today in order to be really healthy. That's unlikely to happen.

We should probably try to organize weekly triage/review days and things.

Thanks for your concern (I share it).