cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Summarizing thoughts on cordova-browser vs Ripple
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 19:24:44 GMT
MSOpenTech is currently working on porting our ripple-platform prototype - https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-ripple
to work on top of cordova-browser. The question on how each plugin exposes a UI to provide
mock data is still up for discussion, but Intel has a lot of context on that area.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirupa Chinnathambi [mailto:kirupac@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 11:04 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: Summarizing thoughts on cordova-browser vs Ripple

+1 to what you’ve both stated.

Cordova-browser shouldn't be responsible for providing mock data, UI, or any additional functionality
for simulating a plug-in. It’s primary goal is to (as you both mention) be responsible for
getting apps to run in the browser. Simulating plug-in behavior would be external to that
in some form or fashion.

Cheers,
Kirupa