cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Question on Windows platfrom support in plugin documentation
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 11:17:43 GMT
Hi Shingo,

We are in transition from 'windows8' to universal 'windows' platform and working on docs update.
The plan is to rename all Windows8 Quirk sections to Windows and have additional details for
different supported targets (Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1) inside it (if there is
any difference). In this particular example this is definitely a documentation issue which
I'll address - just use Windows section and ignore Windows8.

To summarize:
1. Ignore Windows8 if there is Windows section available.
2. Windows section covers all supported targets. If there is any difference in implementation/behavior
between targets this will be covered under this section. For example: find method available
only on Windows Phone 8.1.

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Toda, Shingo [mailto:ShingoT@fast.au.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Friday, October 3, 2014 11:33 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Cc: Toda, Shingo
Subject: RE: Question on Windows platfrom support in plugin documentation

Hi Sergey

Please kindly let me ask follow up question on Windows platform support. I would like to know
how to interpret this supported platform for "Windows".

You say "Windows" mentions Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1. But in doc for
contacts plugin, for example, "Windows 8 Quirks" for ContactName says familyName property
is not supported but "Windows Quirks" doesn't so it seems contradiction to me because "Windows"
includes Windows 8.0. Or I could take it that familyName property is not supported on Windows
8.0 but on Windows 8.1 (or Windows Phone 8.1).

So my question is
- Is it right that "Windows 8" is only Windows 8.0, not Windows 8.1?
- When an API has quirks for both "Windows 8" and "Windows" and they say different things
to each other, how should we interpret that?

Regards,
Shingo