cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Edna Y Morales <eymor...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Adding ability to add any platform on any OS
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:09:37 GMT

Hi all,

I'm working on allowing the CLI to add any platform regardless of whether
the OS supports it. Basically you would add the platform, get a warning
stating that you won't be able to build for that platform, and then just
throw an error when an attempt to build is made. While looking into this,
I've noticed that there are checks in multiple places that are preventing
this. The first one is the check in cordova-lib that verifies the OS
supports the platform. I am changing that to give a warning to the user
instead of throwing an error. Then the check_reqs script for individual
platforms is called both in the create script and the build script. I'm
wondering if the check is required in the create script, when it's just
going to get called again in the build script. My plan is to remove the
check from the create script if there is nothing in there that requires a
platform specific environment.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Edna Morales