cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <>
Subject Re: Independent platform release summary
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 20:46:02 GMT
Leo wrote:
>I don't think we closed on this (I had to leave the meeting a little
>early) but a remaining question is how to version what we (and users)
>call "Cordova".  Assuming a "Cordova" version is a point in time
>collection of the latest CLI version + platform versions + plugin
>versions.  Is the Cordova version semver (using what algorithm with
>respect to its contained components) or is that what you meant by
>""latest as of Oct 2014" or something".

So, one proposal based on a related discussion (about bad version number
schemes) would be to use a date syntax for cordova-cli:

Since CLI is basically moving forward constantly, I'm having a hard time
arguing against this.

Especially given that the number is mostly meaningless.

The only downside of this is that it means we're committed to never
changing our mind again about the version scheme, since rebooting from a
date is pretty much impossible :).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:
View raw message